Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Jambo!

Welcome to Dumb American Diaries! The name is not intended to be self-depricating, though I believe it acutely summarizes what I feel like after arriving in Nairobi, Kenya recently - being American educated but having only one language, originally knowing very little about East African culture, politics, and history... among other things. So, I thought I would create a place to try to articulate this experience to those interested, and, yes, to allow my loved ones to check up on me. Maybe you'll learn something, maybe you'll laugh, maybe you will 'de-friend' me on Facebook... who knows? All I can promise is that I will try my best to get over my natural apprehension to share my thoughts and will share what I am going through and thinking... limited by sporadic internet access and a hopefully busy schedule. Please feel free to write all over this page, as your contributions may enhance my thought processes and my trip! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Love you-can't wait to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a blog while I was at the Ashram in Virginia, and now I love looking back at it and reconnecting with what I was going through at the time. This blog will definitely be awesome for you! Not to mention great for all of us who miss you! -Gill

    ReplyDelete